Monday, November 1, 2010

Great Faith

Matthew 8:7 "And Jesus saith unto him, 'I will come and heal him."

The story of the centurion's servant healed found in Matthew 8:5-13.
A centurion (Roman army officer in charge over 100 soldiers) had a servant whom he loved very much and wanted to see his servant being healed. An army officer sought Jesus because he had heard what Jesus had done. He started to build up his faith inside of him and to believe that this man who is Christ could heal his sick servant who was at home in bed. His servant can't move his body and was in much pain. When he found Jesus, he told Jesus about his sick servant.

Do you know what Jesus said to an army officer? "I will come and heal him." Oh trust that Word of Jesus for you today. "I will come and heal you." And an army officer had a powerful faith in Jesus and said to Him, "Just SPEAK THE WORD only, and my servant shall be healed."

Do you know what impressed Jesus? An officer's faith! Jesus was amazed at his faith and said, "Go home. Your servant will be healed just as you believed he would." And his servant was healed that same hour. Oh, trust the Lord your God for healing power according to your faith in Jesus' name.

Song: I Am the God That Healeth Thee
1. I am the God that healeth thee,
I am the Lord, your Healer;
I sent My Word and healed your disease;
I am the Lord your Healer.

2. You are the God that healeth me.
You are the Lord, my Healer;
You sent Your Word and healed my disease;
You are the Lord, my healer.
(Don Moen, Sing His Praise)