Thursday, November 18, 2010

Other Little Things

Matthew 25:40 Jesus said, “Anything you did for even the least of my people here, you also did for me” (ncv).

Do you ever wonder what little things Jesus was talking about? From the story of Matthew 25:31-46, He talked about several little things that were very important to Him. Give water to drink when a person was thirsty; invite a stranger to their home and maybe they were hungry, feed them; give clothes to a person who doesn’t have enough to wear; visit the person who was sick at their home; and visit the person at prison.

When I was a child, I remember a hungry old man came to the door and asked my mom if she had any food for him to eat. She told him to sit at the picnic table out in the lawn and to give her time to fix him food. After 20 minutes, she brought the large plate with foods and a glass of milk to him. He thanked her and told her how much he appreciated it.

From the inside of the screen door, I watched the hungry man eating. My mom said, “You never know that he may have been rich before or maybe he had a job before, but he lost everything overnight. So I am happy to serve him food and drink just as I served my Jesus the same way.” Boy that was a great impact on my life. Ever since then, I understood that everything we do to others is the same things as we do to Jesus, Himself.

So be kind to someone today!