Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shaken Part 1

Matthew 7:24 Jesus said, “Everyone who hears My words and obeys them is like a wise man who build his house on rock.”

Now listen to this, Jesus talked about the shaking time on verse 25: It rained hard, the floods came, and the winds blew, and hit that house.” Notice the words? “… and hit that house.” That house is you. So if you are going through some personal disasters, this may be the way God is shaking your foundation whether your faith is build upon the Rock or not. He is making sure that your faith in Christ will be strong.

NCV in Matthew 7:24 through 27 explained that there are two kinds of people which may be two kinds of Christians. How do we know if a person’s faith in Christ is real? The only way to find out is how strong your faith in Christ will be what we go through. Also, the way we talk will show either our weakness or our strength.

I remember one experience: Lisa, a friend of mine was taking me to visit Tony, my husband in the hospital. I was riding in her van, her other friend was watching me and talking to Lisa. I asked her what she was talking about. Lisa told me that her friend could not believe how very calm I was and that she could see the presence of the Lord was with me. I asked her why that was a surprise. She explained that most of the time, a person would talk about being “worrisome” or “become panics.” But instead, I displayed a character of trusting God concerning Tony being in the hospital. I was at peace, knowing God was in the control of the situation. My time spend with God daily has prepared me for the time of crisis.

So put Jesus first in your life and Jesus will be there for you in time of crisis.

Dorothy