Thursday, April 1, 2010

Midst of Trouble

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
thou wilt revive me." Psalm 138:7a

My heart sunk like a ship went down in
the ocean. Do you ever felt like that
sometimes?

Then I took out the verse card. I was
surprised to see the word, "revive."
Where have I seen this word before?
A song! So I look it up. So my heart
needs to be revived?

The word revive means bring back or
come back to life. 2. bring or come
back to a fresh, lively condition.

Only God can bring back what was 'lost'
in our heart toward Him. Only God can
restore us again so let us pray.

Prayer: "Lord, even when I have trouble
all around me, You will keep me alive.
When my enemies are angry, You will reach
down and save me by Your power. Lord, You
do everything for me. Lord, Your love
continues forever. Do not leave us, whom
You made" (Psalm 138:7-8 ncv).

Prayer song: Revive Us Again
Revive us again; fill each heart with Thy love;
May each soul be rekindled with fire from above.
Chorus: Hallelujah! Thine the glory, Hallelujah! Amen;
Hallelujah! Thine the glory, revive us again.
(William Paton Mackay)