Saturday, April 3, 2010

Remember Me!

Someone asked about this and I thought it would be good
to reprint this for weekend Easter time. I add the names
of writer of the songs. I apologized for not having that
names before.

Sunday, February 10, 2008
Communion Song
I just had communion at 4 a.m. this early morning. Why?
Because I want to remind myself through my eyes of faith
on the cross of Jesus and claimed the blood of Jesus and
the healing power for my body. Jesus said, "Do this in
remembrance of Me." We have communion often so
we would not forget His promises.

Many times Tony and I would sense "wilderness" experience
and often we felt uneasy (not comfortable with blank
feelings) and often we wondered why we are here. There
are time we felt so "quiet" and we were not used to it,
so we have communion with a communion song to remember
Jesus' word, "Remember Me". His Word assured us that we
are still His children and it was His plan for us to be
here in Bloomington, Illinois.

I thought you would like to see the Communion Song that
Tony and I used it often just to hold on to His Word,
"Remember Me". There may be times you might go through
the "dark time" or "wilderness experience", I encourage
you to try the communion and the song. The song uplift
us and peace follow through when we remember His Covenant.
We choose one of two songs at each communion.

COMMUNION SONG
1. Take this bread I give to you, and as you do, remember Me.
This bread is my body--broken just for you.
Take it, eat it, each time you do; remember Me, remember Me.
2. Take this cup I fill for you, and as you do, remember Me.
This cup is the new covenant I'm making with you.
Take it, drink it, each time you do, remember Me, remember Me.
3. Take this love I've given you, and as you do, remember Me.
(Word and music by Barry McGuire)

WE REMEMBER YOU
As we drink this cup, we worship You;
As we eat this bread, we honor You;
And we offer You our lives as
You have offered Yours for us.
We remember all You've done for us,--
We remember Your covenant with us,--
We remember, and worship You, O-- Lord.----
(Words and music by Kirk Dearman)

Any questions contact me at dotcallies@hotmail.com.

No comments: