Thursday, April 22, 2010

Treasured

Thy word have I hid in mine heart....
Psalm 119:11a Bread Box 4/22/10

Why is it important to hide His Word
in our hearts? Jeremiah, the prophet
tells us that "The heart is deceitful
above all things,and desperately wicked:
who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

Without His Word in my heart, I might
make more mistakes by doing things my
own way. So I quote His Word and put
them in mine heart ".... that I might
not sin against (God)" (Ps. 119:11b).

Another translation: "I have treasured
Your promises in my heart, since I have
no wish to sin against you"--Jerus.

So let's 'treasure' God's Word today!

Song of Promise:
Every promise in the book is mine,
Every chapter, every verse, every line;
I am trusting in His love divine,
Every promise in the book is mine.

Mine, mine, mine, Jesus is mine
Mine when I'm weary, mine when I'm dreary;
Mine, mine, mine, Jesus is mine,
Mine all the time, yes, He's mine.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: