Monday, April 12, 2010

Humble?

Good morning! Now that we're home from Canada,
and it's Monday! I asked, "Lord, what verse
for me today?" Verse Card Bread Box 4/12/10

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord,
and he (God) shall lift you up." James 4:10

After the big event in Canada, we're back to
reality, yet memory of meeting old and new
friends at Canada stays in our hearts. It was
awesome! Someone asked, "What were you doing
there at Canada?" Oh, Tony was asked to preach
to Deaf Men Fellowship. So I thought to join
with him and attend 30th Anniversary of Deaf
Women Conference. I get to meet many friends.

What impressed us was seeing quite a number
of older people in their 80's and 90's. Tony
said that they acted like they're 40's or 50's
and boy, they loved the Lord! What was their
secret? "Humble your yourselves in the sight
of the Lord, and (God) has lifted them
up." God has blessed them!

You know, in my secret thought. I question
myself about how am I going to survive in
getting old in serving the Lord? Then I met
many older Canadian people. It is as if God is
saying to me, "Does that answer your question?"
Oh my, God read my secret thought so.... He
really cares, doesn't He?

I am trusting God today!!!

Dorothy
PS. So God will lift me up as long as I humble
myself in the sight of the Lord! Awesome!