Friday, April 16, 2010

He Giveth Grace

". . . but giveth grace unto the humble.
James 4:6c

What is the opposition of being humble?
James 4:6b says, "God resisteth the proud."

Sometimes when we do the wrong things and our
inner spirit does not feel comfortable, we are
not proud when we come before God. That is when
we need God's grace and forgiveness to wash us
with the blood of Jesus.

There's a song written by Claire Clonginger,
1986; based on 2 Chron. 7:14. God speaks:
"If My people's hearts are humbled,
If they pray and seek My face,
If they turned away from evil,
I will not withhold (hold back) My grace.
I will hear their prayers from heaven;
I will pardon every sin.
If My people's hearts are humbled,
I will surely heal their land."

"Then My eyes will see their sorrow,
Then My ears will hear their plea;
If My people's hearts are humbled
I will set their nation free;
If My people's hearts are humbled,
If they pray and seek My face,
If they turn away from evil,
I will not withhold (hold back) My grace."

God's song of pleading us, motivated
me to stay close to Him. The words give
us a deep feeling of prayerful song of
being humble before Him.