Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Brokenhearted

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted,
and he (God) saves those whose spirits
have been crushed." Psalm 34:18 (ncv)
Bread Box 4/21/10

There is a saying, "God can only use
broken things." Out of a broken thing,
God brings forth a miracle.

To Moses, God said, "I have heard the
cries of my people who have been "crushed
under slavery" and I have called you to go
and deliver them out of Egypt."

During 400 years of living in Egypt, people
had been praying for freedom from afflictions.
"Many are the afflictions of the righteous:
but the Lord delivereth him out of them all"
(Psalm 34:19 kjv).

Moses led them and they had seen God's miracles
in His time. If your heart is broken, remember
this story and His promises.

Prayer song usually brings comfort and peace:


Set my spirit free that I might worship Thee.
Set my spirit free that I might praise Thy name.
Let all bondage go, and let deliverance flow.
Set my spirit free to worship Thee.
(John Haddock)

The Lord is with you and by faith He already
set you free in Jesus' name. Amen!