Friday, April 2, 2010

A Quiet Spirit

Verse for the Day: I Peter 3:4
". . . a meek and quiet spirit which is
in the sight of God of great price" (KJV).

". . . a gentle and quiet spirit which is
of a great worth in God's sight" (NIV).

After a troubled day of April first, today
God revived me with this verse of 'a gentle
and quiet spirit.' He restored me and helped
me to remember to:

"Be still, and know that I am God ..."
(Psalm 46:10).
"... ye study to be quiet, and to do your own
business, and to work with your own hands ... "
(1 Thess. 4:11).

A quiet spirit set these things aside and put
them under control by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord for reminding us
to put our trust in You!

Dorothy

PS. Song by Wes Tuttle
In the quiet of the morn-ing,
I will worship Your name.--
I will lift my voice with sing-ing--
to praise You a-gain.-- For it fills my
heart with glad-ness-- that remains through
the day,-- In the quiet of the morn-ing,--
I will worship Your name.--