Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Renew My Spirit

Verses For the Day:
Psalm 51:10-15 KJV
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Deliver me from blood guiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. O Lord, open thou my lips, and my mouth shall show forth thy praise.

Note from The Full Life Bible Study:
51:10 CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART.
All believers need God's Spirit to create in them a pure heart that hates iniquity and a renewed spirit that desires to do the will of God. Only God can make us a new creation and restore us to true godliness [John 3:3; 2 Cor.5:17].
51:11 TAKE NOT THY HOLY SPIRIT FROM ME.
David knows that if God removes the Holy Spirit's convicting and reproving work from his life, then all hope of redemption is gone [John 16:8].

The word "renew" means to make new again; make like new; restore; make spiritually new; begin again. Another meaning is "to revive; a new zeal."

Let us pray:
Dear Heavenly Father, Create in me a new heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. May the Holy Spirit intercedes inside of me to pray for others until we all have been "renewed and be revived in our spirits." In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen!

Prophetic message from the Word of God:
Ezekiel 36:26-27
KJV: A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony [stubborn] heart out of your flesh, and I will give you as heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in statutes [rules], and ye shall keep my judgments [laws], and do them.

Prayer Song: Cleanse Me
O Holy Ghost, revival comes from Thee:
Send a revival, start the work in me:
Thy Word declares, Thou will supply our need:
For blessing now, O Lord, I humbly plead.
[J.Edwin Orr, 1912]