Friday, July 25, 2008

Moved With Compassion

Prayer Song to the Lord:
‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His word.
Just to rest upon His promise, Just to know “Thus saith the Lord.”
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er.
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus! Oh for grace to trust Him more.

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to trust His cleansing blood.
Just in simple faith to plunge me ‘Neath the healing, cleansing flood.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er.
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus! Oh for grace to trust Him more.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, Precious Jesus, Savior Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me, Wilt be with me to the end.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er.
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus! Oh for grace to trust Him more.

Dorothy:
In my technology KJV Bible, the name of Jesus total to 942. So I am trying to find something that would fit "'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus." What does it feel like when I sang this song? Oh, it feels so tender, so trusting, and so peaceful. Only Holy Spirit can do that. When I look through the devotional list, it touches my heart. I think I might list a few and look up at each verse.

Jesus calls sinners [Mark 2:17].
Life through Jesus [John 11:25].
Jesus descends from heaven [1 Thess. 4:16].
Everlasting life through Jesus [John 3:16].
Faith in Jesus [John 3:36].
Come to Jesus [John 6:37].
Bear witness to Jesus [John 8:18].
Jesus Prepares the way [John 13:36].
Come only through Jesus [John 14:6].
Love as Jesus loves [John 15:12].
Peace in Jesus [John 16:33].
Believe in Jesus [John 20:27-28].
No profit without Jesus [Luke 9:25].
Jesus' second coming [Luke 12:40].
Made clean by Jesus [Mark 1:41].
Receive Jesus [Mark 9:37].
Peace through Jesus Christ [Romans 5:1; Phil. 4:7].
Salvation in Jesus [Romans 8:1].

This verse touches my heart today: Mark 1:41 KJV: "And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean."

What this means to me, "Moved with compassion"? The dictionary says: feeling for another's sorrow or hardship that leads to help; compassionate means desiring to relieve another's suffering. So Jesus has desire to relieve your suffering today.

Prayer: Thank you Jesus for touching my friend who was in the hospital and relieve the suffering for You were "moved with compassion" to heal my friend. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.