Monday, July 21, 2008

E-mail From God for Men

Dorothy: The note from "e-mail from God for Men" by Andy Cloninger. The book belongs to Tony and I happen to open to this part that had touched my heart so I want to pass it along to you.

Let The River Flow Through You


Isaiah 32:2
RSV: Each will be like a hiding place from the wind, a covert from the tempest, like streams of water in a dry place, like the shade of a great rock in a weary land.

My Son,
>There's something you've got to know about my love. It's not just given to you for your own warm fuzzy spiritual feeling. If you don't share it with others, it dries up.

My love was meant to be a river, flowing through you and out into the world. If you try to dam it up and make it into your own personal lake, it will evaporate from your life and you'll be left wondering why it left. You'll say, "But I'm praying, I'm worshipping, I'm spending my quiet time with God." But are you loving? Are you sharing my love with the world? Are you laying down your life for others?

If you're reaching out to others, if you're loving as a servant, you are widening the riverbanks and allowing my waters of life to flow as they were meant to. So don't dam the river. Let it flow.

The River of Life,
>God

Dorothy: The key is: "like streams of water in a dry place." God encourages us to share God's waters of life toward others and you will feel the waters of life flowing out of you. Let Holy Spirit show you how we can help others in time of need. God bless you today.