Thursday, July 17, 2008

Face To Face - 1

Verses for the Day:
Simeon Sees Jesus
Luke 2:25-35 NCV In Jerusalem lived a man named Simeon who was a good man and godly. He was waiting for the time when God would take away Israel's sorrow, and the Holy Spirit was in him. Simeon had been told by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he saw the Christ promised by the Lord. The Spirit led Simeon to the Temple. When Mary and Joseph brought the baby Jesus to the Temple to do what the law said they must do, Simeon took the baby in his arms and thanked God: "Now, Lord, you can let me, your servant, die in peace as you said. With my own eyes I have seen your salvation, which you prepared before all people. It is a light for the non-Jewish (Gentile) people to see and an honor for your people, the Israelites." Jesus' father and mother were amazed at what Simeon had said about him. Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, "God has chosen this child to cause the fall and rise of many in Israel. He will be a sign from God that many people will not accept so that the thoughts of many will be made known. And things will happen will make your heart sad, too."

Anna Sees Jesus

Luke 2:38 NCV Standing there at that time, she thanked God and spoke about Jesus to all who were waiting for God to free Jerusalem.

Dorothy:
There is a song called, "FACE TO FACE" and the words are beautiful. I pray that the Holy Spirit will bless you with this song.

Chorus:
Face to Face I shall behold Him, Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory, I shall see Him by and by!
Verse:
1.Face to face with Christ my Savior, Face to Face what will it be--
When with rapture I behold Him, Jesus Christ who died for me?
2.Only faintly now I see Him, With the darkened veil between,
But a blessed day is coming When His glory shall be seen.
3.Face to face! O blissful moment! Face to face--to see and know;
Face to face with my Redeemer, Jesus Christ who loves me so.

Continue to Part 2 - Face to Face