Friday, July 24, 2009

Ruth Trust God

The Lord recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of
the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.
Ruth 2:12 KJV

Naomi, Elimelech, her husband and her two sons came to Moab because there was great famine in Bethlehem. The food was plentiful. Naomi’s two sons married Moabite girls. Soon after, Naomi’s husband and her sons died. Naomi decided to go back to Bethlehem and Ruth went with her mother-in-law. To make a living, Ruth went to the fields and gathered the grain that the workers cutting the grain had left behind. The field belonged to Boaz, from the Elimelech’s family. Boaz took noticed of her and asked her to stay in his field for her protection because she was from Moab. Ruth said to Boaz, “I am not an Israelite. Why have you been so kind to notice me?” Boaz answered her, “I know about all the help you have given to your mother-in-law after your husband died. You left your father and mother and your own country to come to a nation where you did not know anyone. May the Lord reward for all you have done. May your wages be paid in full by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for shelter (Ruth 2:10-12 NCV).

Ruth who had come to trust God and God became her shelter, her protector and watched over her. The story went on that Boaz married her and they had a son, Obed. God blessed Ruth who was a Gentile, to have a son and descendant was Jesse and David. The woman told Naomi, “Praise the Lord who gave you this grandson. May he become famous in Israel. He will give you new life and will take care of you in your old age because of your daughter-in-law who loves you” (Ruth 4:14-15).

What does this mean to me? The last few days, I thought of how I left my homeland, California in 1967 and married Tony and traveled over USA as Evangelists and pastored few churches for the Deaf and did several other ministries as well. At the wedding, I remembered the song of Ruth, “Whether thou goest, I will go.” My thought is that now that I am older and I am still in Illinois and my family is in California. It seems like God see my thought and the story of Ruth make a deep impression on me. We are to trust the Lord because the Lord will reward for all that we have done. The Lord is our wings and our shelter and our trust is in Him.

If you have left your homeland to serve God, the Lord will reward for all that you have done for Him. He takes notice of you and He will bless you. Trust God!

No comments: