Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Joshua Prayer

When healing is slow, do not be discouraged.
The Lord spoke to Joshua, Moses’ assistant. “Remember that I commanded you to be strong and brave. Don’t be afraid, because
the Lord your God will be with you everywhere you go”
(Joshua 1:1, 9 NCV).

This is a story about Joshua taking Moses’ place to carry on the work of the Lord. Joshua had been with Moses during forty years of wilderness wandering. Now Joshua had entered a promised land and it was a huge responsibilities. Joshua may have been afraid. God encouraged Joshua not to be afraid and to be strong and to be brave. God said to Joshua, “No one will be able to defeat you all your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forget you” (Joshua 1:5 NCV).

Have you ever been afraid? Have you ever felt like when you pray for healing, it seems to come very slow or not at all? God has given us His Word of encouragement. “Remember that I commanded you to be strong and brave. Don’t be afraid, because the Lord your God will be with you.”

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I ask you for courage to face obstacles that come in my way. Like Joshua, You encouraged Joshua not to be afraid and to overcome the enemies and to be victorious because You helped him. I know You are encouraging me and my friends not to give up when the healing is slow. You are with me and You are with them. You are there when my friends are suffering. Help us to keep our eyes on You through Jesus’ name we pray, amen!