Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sweet Counsel

Psalm 55:14
KJV: We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company. AMP: We had sweet fellowship together, and used to walk to the house of God in company. NCV: We had a good friendship and walked together to God’s Temple.

The meaning of the words: counsel and sweet.
The word ‘counsel’ means act of exchanging ideas; act of talking things over. It also means advice. “A wise person gives good counsel.” It also can be a person or group that gives advice; talk about things that are very important. The word ‘sweet’ means pleasant and agreeable and fresh.

Dorothy:

David had sensed the presence of the Lord to be able to have a sweet fellowship with God and walked with God to His Temple. God is delighted when we come to Him for counsel and we find His Word pleasant and fresh for our inner man. Like scripture says, “Our inner man is renewed day by day.” Every morning, Holy Spirit gives me sweet counsel to study His Word and feed my soul. And He helps me find the topic or idea to put into Fresh Manna to share with you His sweet, pleasant and fresh Word for our souls. As for this poem below, I hope you enjoy other resources with “counsel.”

Psalm 73:24
“THOU SHALT GUIDE ME WITH THY COUNSEL.”

When I do wrong or go astray
my happiness all runs away.

Or when I’m bad and tell a lie
I get a teardrop in my eye.

But then I know that I can look
for counsel in God’s Holy Book.

Psalm 16:7
“I WILL BLESS THE LORD, WHO HATH GIVEN ME COUNSEL.”

Jesus tells us to be true
in very little thing we do,

So that someday we can be
by His side eternally.

Jesus wants this most of all.
Let us listen to His call.

[Poem given to me by a friend]