Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Healer

Song:
He was wounded for our transgressions:
He was bruised for our iniquities;
Surely He bore our sorrows,
And by His stripes we are healed.

Isaiah 53:4-5
KJV "Surely he hath bore our griefs, and
carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him
stricken, smitten of God and afflicted. But
he was wounded for our transgressions, he was
bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement
of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes
we are healed."
NCV "But he took our suffering on him and felt
our pain for us. We saw his suffering and thought
God was punishing him. But he was wounded for the
wrong we did; he was crushed for the evil we did.
The punishment, which made us well, was given to
him, and we are healed because of his wounds."

Dorothy:
My heart was touched when I read this scripture
about Jesus and what He did for us. Suddenly Holy
Spirit inspired me with a song, 'At the Cross.'
Song:
"At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw
the light, and the burden of my heart rolled away.
It was there by faith, I received my sight
and now I am happy all the day."

May the presence of God be real to you today,
and may Jesus appears to you and touch you
and be healed today, In Jesus name. Amen

Dictionary for song signs:
wounded=hurt; transgression=broken law or sins;
bruised=beaten; iniquities=sins; bore=patience or
carry; sorrows=grief or sorry; stripes=whip.