Tuesday, October 7, 2008

God, I Search for You

“O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek thee.”
Psalm 63:1 [God speaks in poem]

I will whisper in your ear,
how I love you, children dear.

Promise Me you will be true
in every little thing you do,

For you know I love you all,
even though you’re only small.
[A Poem given by a deaf friend]

Theme: Wishing to Be Near God
Psalm 63:1-4,8
KJV: O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; v2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. v3 Because thy loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. v4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hand in thy name. v8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

NCV: God, you are my God. I search for You. I thirst for You like someone in a dry, empty land where there is no water. v2 I have seen You in the Temple and have seen Your strength and glory. v3 Because Your love is better than life, I will praise You. v4 I will praise You as long as I live. I will lift up my hands in prayer to Your name. v8 I stay close to You; You support me with Your right hand.

Dorothy:
David prayed this prayer, “O God…I search for You… I thirst for Your presence… v8 I stay close to You… You support me….” This kind of prayer shows David’s deep longing in his heart for God, one that can only be satisfied by an intimate relationship with Him. There are questions in our lives that we need to ask ourselves: Do I really have a strong desire for God and His presence in my life? Do I have a deep hunger and thirst for God and His righteousness? Do I have a deep desire to keep reading His Word? Do I have a deep desire to keep in prayer time with God? Do I long for His Spirit, His power, and His glory to be reveal in me? Remember the parable of the Ten Virgins, five wise virgins kept extra oil while five other virgins didn’t seem to realize how important it is to have extra oil during long waiting for bridegroom to come.

Prayer:
O Lord, deliver us from our flesh that tries to keep us from wishing to be near You. Song: Set my spirit free that I might worship Thee. Set my spirit free that I might praise Thy name. Let all bondage go, and let deliverance flow. Set my spirit free to worship Thee.