Monday, October 27, 2008

I Pray

Jesus said in John 17:20 "... I pray for those who believes in Me because of their teaching." Jesus prayed for us almost 2,000 years ago. How did we believe and accept Jesus as our Savior? Through the teaching of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and the epistles of Paul, Peter, Jude, and James. He prayed for them to be able to write the Good News of Christ. John 17 is the whole chapter of Jesus prayers. He prayed to the Father for His followers and He also prayed for us.
Here's the poem: I PRAY.

Father, the hour is come;
Glorify Thy Son;
That Thy Son may glorify Thee.

Thou hast given Me power and grace;
To accept all the hardship I would face.
Eternal life to many as Thou has given Me.

I have glorified Thee on the earth
Since the day of My birth.
I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do.

I have given them Your Word
Out of My mouth, they have heard.
Each word was given and they truly believed in You.

Now, I pray for them for they are Thine.
All Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine.
Keep them, Oh, Father, from this world at all cost.

I am in this world, no more,
But these do and I come to Thee for
You, Father to keep them that none will be lost.

I pray that all of My believers may be one.
I pray that Our desires for them may be done
That the world may see and truly know Our greatest love.

Neither do I pray for these disciples alone,
But many more who will come to Me to atone.
That they may behold My glory and Holy Spirit, My Dove.

Jesus Christ
[Secretary: Dorothy Callies]