Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Little Child

Who is the greatest of you all?
I called a child who was very small.

In the midst of them, I set the small child
as an example of tenderness, he was so mild.

You must change your way to enter
the kingdom of heaven which will last forever.

Be like this little child who is ever so humble.
A child who believes in Me easily and doesn’t mumble.

That is the kind of people that Father and I like the best.
They are what makes the kingdom of heaven, the greatest.

Anyone whose heart accepts the child in My name
Has accepted Me because the child and I are the same.

But woe to you who hurts the child that believes in Me.
It would be better for you to be drowned by the Sea.

Take heed with My little ones that you do not despise.
Because the angels watch over them so “be careful,” is My advise.

Poem from Matthew 18:1-6
[Written by Dorothy Callies in 1980]

Jesus was speaking to disciples.
Who Is the Greatest? - Luke 9:46-48
NCV: Jesus’ followers began to have an argument about which
one of them was the greatest. Jesus knew what they were thinking,
so he took a little child and stood the child beside him. Then
Jesus said, “whoever accepts this little child in my name accepts
me. And who ever accepts me accepts the One who sent Me, because
whoever is the least among you all is really the greatest.”