Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Letter from Betty Jo

My dear Dorothy,
I want to share with you what I write verses for us. Maybe you know verses from New Life Version.

Luke 6:38 Giving With A Heart of Love
“Give, and it will be given to you. You will have more than enough. It can be pushed down and shaken together and it will still run over as it is given to you. The way you give to others is the way you will receive in return.”

Romans 12:7-8 Various Gifts
“If someone has the gift of healing others, then he should help. If someone has the gift of teaching, he should teach. If someone has the gift of speaking words of comfort and help, she should speak. If someone has the gift of sharing what he has, he should give from a willing heart. If someone has the gift of leading other people, he should lead them. If someone has the gift of showing kindness to others, he should be happy as he does it.”

II Corinthians 12:7-10 Strength
“The things God showed me were so great. But to keep me from being too full of pride because of seeing these things, I have been given trouble in my body. It was sent from Satan to hurt me. It keeps me from being proud. I asked the Lord three times to take it away from me. He answered me, “I am all you need. I give you My loving-favor. My power works best in weak people.” I am happy to be weak and have troubles so I can have Christ’s power in me. I receive joy when I am weak. I receive joy when people talk against me and make trouble for me. I receive joy when all things come to me because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

John 11:4 Sickness [Lazarus was sick]
When Jesus heard this, He said, “This sickness will not end in death. It has happened so that it will bring honor to God. And the Son of God will be honored by it also.”

James 5:13-16 Prayer for You
“Is anyone among you suffering? He should pray. Is anyone happy? He should sing songs of thanks to God. Is anyone among you sick? He should send for the church leaders and they should pray for him. They should pour oil on him in the name of the Lord. The prayer given in faith will heal the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Tell your sins to each other. And pray for each other so you may be healed. The prayer from the heart of a man right with God has much power. “

Colossians 3:15-17 Praise and Being Thankful
“Let the peace of Christ have power over your hearts. You were chosen as a part of His body. Always be thankful. Let the teaching of Christ and His words keep on living in you. These make your lives rich and full of wisdom. Keep on teaching and helping each other. Sing the Songs of David and the Church songs and the songs of heaven with hearts full of thanks to God. Whatever you say or do, do it in the name of the Lord Jesus. Give thanks to God the Father through the Lord Jesus.

Hebrews 13:15-16 Give Thanks to God
Let us give thanks all the time to God through Jesus Christ. Our gift to Him is to give thanks. Our lips should always give thanks to His name. Remember to do good and help each other. Gifts like this please God.

Love you,
Betty Jo

God Bless you.
[Hand writing letter was to encourage me and I want to share with you in Fresh Manna. This was truly a blessing to be encouraged by Betty Jo.]