Saturday, October 4, 2008

Come Unto Me

Are you tired? Are you weary?
Are you feeling life is so dreary?
Come unto Me and I will give you rest.

Are you feeling restless?
Are you angry that life’s a mess?
Come unto Me and I will give you My best.

Are you feeling anxieties?
Is your mind full of worries?
Come unto Me and your mind will be at ease.

Are you feeling the worst
since the day of your birth?
Come unto Me and you shall find peace.

Are you struggling with your life?
Are you and your friends in strife?
Come unto Me and allow Me to show you.

Are you so very proud
that you couldn’t come around?
Come unto Me for I am lowly in heart, too.

Are you confused with life’s road?
Do you carry a heavy load?
Come unto Me and I will show you the Way.

Are you broken in heart
and feeling pulled apart?
Come unto Me and I will brighten your day.

Why are you so down?
Is your face darkened by a frown?
Come unto Me and with you, let Me embrace.

Are you feeling bad?
Are you feeling sad?
Come unto Me and let me give you My grace.

Poem written by Dorothy Callies in January 20, 1986

May the Lord touch your heart as you come to Jesus.
Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life."