Friday, July 30, 2010

Word of Encouragment

I would like to share with you the devotion of Dean Hardy of Canada instead of having Bread Box 7/30/10. I read them several times since he send this few days ago on July 26th.

From: Dean Hardy
I was reading in the book of Isaiah yesterday morning & the LORD gave me some encouraging Word for all who are His servants in His kingdom work ... I would like to share these with you, so you can be encouraged in your work for the Master ...

"... The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary & His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary & increases the power of the weak ... Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run & not grow weary, they will walk & not be faint." Isaiah 40:28b-29, 31 NIV

The LORD says to us, "... You are My servant; I have chosen you & have not rejected you. So do nto fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenthen you & help you; I will uphold you with My righteous hand."
Isaiah 41:9b-10 NIV

He also says to us ... "Here is My servant, whom I uphold, My chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him & he will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or cry out or raise his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break & a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; he will not falter or be discouraged till he estalishes justice on earth ..." Isaiah 42:1-4a NIV

Even tho' this last one is primarily a Messianic passage that applies to Jesus, as He said to us ... "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask Me for anything in My name & I will do it." John 14:12-14 NIV

Keep on keeping on in God's grace, Dean