Thursday, July 8, 2010

Amazing Grace!

Bread Box for July 8, 2010

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!

Thro’ many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come;
‘Tis grace hath bro’t me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
(John Newton (1725-1807;
John P. Rees (1828-1900, stanza 5)


Tonight this song came to me after I was struggling
with my own personal fears. This morning, while
driving to work, it appeared that someone didn’t come
to a complete stop. It scares the "trauma" out of me.
Why? Time after time, we have had several car
accidents throughout the years and yet we are spared
instead of being killed. "Trauma" experiences often
lead me to God. Tonight I was kind of feeling low and
the song just made me realized who God is. The story
of John Newton tells why he chose to study
I Chronicles 17:16-17. I use NCV, King David ... said,
"Lord God, who am I? . . . Lord God, you have treated
me like a very important person.” That is God’s grace!

So trust God's grace today!

Dorothy