Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Shadows

Standing Somewhere in the Shadows
Has the storm overshadowed your sunshine,
And life lost attraction for you,
Have the dreams that you cherished been broken,
Is your soul filled with bitterness too?
Chorus:
Standing somewhere in the shadows you’ll find Jesus,
He’s the Friend who always cares and understands.
Standing somewhere in the shadows you will find Him
And you’ll know Him by the nail-prints in His hands.
(E.J. Rollings)

Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the
shadow of thy wings.
Psalm 23:4
Yes, though I walk through the valley of shadow of
death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalms 63:7
Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the
shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
Psalm 91:1-2
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most
High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my
fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psalm 102:11-12
My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am
withered like grass. But thou, O Lord, shalt endure
for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.

Dorothy: The title came to me, “Standing somewhere
in the shadows” this morning at 5 a.m. I got up and
search this from the Melodies of Praise, an old song
book. This led me to pray, “Lord, if they are going
through a dark time, lift them up through quoting these
verses and know that You are with them. Let the chorus
comfort their hearts knowing that Jesus is a friend who
always cares. Be there for them, Lord. In Jesus’ name.
May the Lord comforts you as you read the verses
several times. (It will be moved to July 3rd)