Thursday, July 22, 2010

Forgive Yourself?

“And he arose, and came to his father …
Luke 15:20 Bread Box for July 22 2010

Do you ever felt like you haven’t forgiven
yourself because you had all the memories
that came back to you and haunted you of
your past mistakes or past sins?

The Prodigal Son felt that very much enough
to say, ‘Oh, I am not worthy, but I am going
to my Father.’ He made a decision to see his
father. To his surprise, his father ran to
him, the father’s heart went out to him
because his heart was moved and touched.
The father hugged and kissed his cheeks.

Jesus gave this story for us to understand
the nature of our loving Heavenly Father
would “run” to us and wash us with the blood
of Jesus to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Our Heavenly Father’s heart is moved and touched
when we come to Him and He wants to hug us today.
He said from Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am the One who
forgives all your sins, for My sake; I will not
remember your sins” (ncv).

Can you trust your Heavenly Father who does not
remember your past mistakes or sins?

So trust God today!

Chorus: At Calvary (by William Reed Newell)
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found, liberty,
At Cal – va – ry….