Thursday, July 1, 2010

A New Name

Paul said: “I have been crucified with Christ…”
Galatians 2:20a

Paul was a changed man when he met Christ on
the way to Damascus to capture more Christians.
What was Paul changed from? He was a Pharisee
of the law. He lived by the law. He was zealous
for God. He thought he was doing right until he
met Christ. What a shock to Paul!

NCV gives a good translation of Paul. “I was put
to death on the cross with Christ, and I do not
live anymore—it is Christ who lives in me. I still
live in my body, but I live by faith in the Son of
God who loved me and gave himself for me” (Gal.2:11).
Paul realized his name was not written in the book of
life until he accepted Christ. Let’s make sure our
names are written in the book of life.

Chorus: A New Name in Glory
There’s a new name written down in glory,
And its mine, O yes, it’s mine!
And the white-robed angels sing the story,
“A sinner has come home.”
For there’s a new name written down in glory,
And it’s mine, O yes, it’s mine!
With my sins forgiven I am bound for heaven,
Ne-ver-more to roam.
(C. Austin Miles)

May our lives be changed by Christ!

Dorothy