Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good News! Part 20

Song:
Stop! And let me tell you
What the good Lord's done for me;
Stop! And let me tell you
How the good Lord set me free,
For He has healed my body & saved my soul,
Baptized me and made me whole;
Stop! And let me tell you
What the good Lord's done for me.

(This song is good when you have someone
walking toward the stage, you get up, follow
the person and tap the shoulder, "Stop" and
go on singing. They would be surprised and
impressed, too.)

Dorothy:
I could think of one story of Jesus who
was walking with many people around Him.
Somebody had touched the border of his
garment and He stopped walking. He said,
Who touched Me? Peter was surprised and
said, "What? There are people all around
touching You." Jesus said, "No, this was
a special touch because I felt the power
went out of me." The woman came to Jesus
and told Him what she did. Jesus was
impressed and said to her, "Go in peace
because it was your faith that made you
whole". She was the one that stopped Jesus
from walking and she received her healing.
This story is found in Luke 8:43-48.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for this story
of hope. And give us strength not to give up
believing in Your Son, Jesus whom we could touch
Him by faith. Thank you for giving us strength to
be like this woman who was determined to be healed.
Holy Spirit, help us to remember God's promises of
healing power that belong to us, in Jesus' name. Amen!