Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good News! Part 15

Acts 14:15b NCV - (Paul and Barnabas)
"...We are bringing you the GOOD NEWS and are
telling you to turn away from these worthless
things and turn to the living God. He is the One
who made the sky, the earth, the sea, and everything
in them." Acts 14:19-20 "Then some Jewish people
came from Antioch and Iconium and persuaded the
people to turn against Paul. So they threw stones
at him and dragged him out of town, thinking they
had killed him. But the followers gathered around
him, (to pray) and he got up and went back into town.
The next day he (Paul) and Barnabas left and went to
the city of Derbe. Acts 14:21-22 Paul and Barnabas
told the GOOD NEWS in Derbe, and many became followers.
Paul and Barnabas returned to Lystra, Iconium, and
Antioch, making followers of Jesus stronger and helping
them stay in the faith. They said, "We must suffer many
things to enter God's kingdom."

Dorothy:
Paul was stoned and supposed to be "dead", but the disciples
came around him and prayed for Paul. He got up and he was
fine. He was ready to preach the GOOD NEWS. Key to Paul's
success: he was willing to suffer for Christ and to continue
the GOOD NEWS! I found the song that I remembered in 1958,
the Evangelist's favorite song was "If Jesus Goes with Me."

Song: If Jesus Goes With Me
It may be in the val-ley, where countless dangers hide;
It may be in the sun-shine that I, in peace a-bide;
But this one thing I know if it be dark or fair,
If Jesus is with me, I'll go-- an - y - where!
Chorus:
If Jesus goes with me, I'll go-- An - y - where!
'Tis heaven to me, Wherever I'll be, If He is there!
I count it a privilege here His cross to bear;
If Jesus goes with me, I'll go-- an - y - where!

Prayer:
May the Lord touch you and His face to shine upon you
today, more than ever before. In Jesus' Name. Amen!