Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Page 2 - Part 9

"Strengthened by Angels"

Ivan continued to speak about his faith to his comrades and officers. He sang about the glory of God, Jesus Christ in barracks, though it was strictly prohibited. Soldiers around him were converted, and impressed by his strong faith in God. The Communists continued to get him to deny Jesus.

Finally, Ivan's body was returned to his family. His body showed that he had been stabbed six times around the heart. There were signs of beatings on the whole body. Then he had been drowned. Colonel Malsin, his commander said, "Ivan Moiseyev died with difficulty. He fought with death, but he died as a Christian." Ivan's father was proud of his son, the Christian hero, who should be an example for all faithful youth that they should love Christ as Ivan, his son had loved Him.
Note: Ivan wrote his last letter to his family before he died, gave them comforts that he was ready to go and be with the Lord Jesus Christ (He was only 20 years old).

Dorothy: Ivan gave the "Good News" to the soldiers. They were converted and turned their faith in God. Ivan had "harvested" more souls to Jesus through his suffering. Ivan died as a "Soldier of the Cross" and the song seems to fit him well.

Am I a soldier of the cross,
A follower of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own His cause,
Or blush to speak His name?
Must I be carried to the skies
On flowery beds of ease,
While others fought to win the prize,
And sailed through bloody seas?

What does this means to me?
On January 8th, I woke up at 3 a.m. with some kind of a personal battle about myself. The Lord urged me to read the book, "Jesus Freaks" and somehow I came to that part about Ivan, the soldier of the Red Army. It was easier for me to summarize the story on the notebook. Ivan's stand for Christ, has blessed me. I pray that this will bless us to stand up for Christ. So when others could see how strong our faith in God is, they will want to put their faith in God, too! This is a chance for us to bring "Good News" to them and "harvest" the souls to Jesus. May God touch your heart today!