Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good News! Part 19

Song: Good News!
Good news! Good news! Christ died for me.
Good news! Good news! If I believe,
Good news! Good news! I'm saved eternally,
That's wonderful EXTRA Good news!

Ephesians 1:11-14 NVC
In Christ we were chosen to be God's people,
because from the very beginning God had decided
this in keeping with his plan. And he is the One
who makes everything agree with what he decides and
wants. We are the first people who hoped in Christ,
and we were chosen so that we would bring praise to
God's glory. So it is with you. When you heard the
true teaching--the GOOD NEWS about your salvation--
you believed in Christ. And in Christ, God put his
special mark of ownership on you by giving you the
Holy Spirit that he had promised. That Holy Spirit
is the guarantee that we will receive what God
promised for his people until God gives full
freedom to those who are his--to bring praise to
God's glory.

Galatians 3:29 NCV

You belong to Christ, so you are Abraham's
descendants. You will inherit all of God's
blessings because of the promise God made to
Abraham.

Dorothy:

I pray that we grasp the deep meaning what God
had promised for us. For me, the month of January
with GOOD NEWS has been very clear what is in the
very heart of God. Different stories of how the
people shared the Good News really touched my heart.
The Good News part 19 has a deeper impact on me. God
wants to draw close to us. I pray that we really see
God's love inside of us and to share that love to
others. That is what Good News is all about. Amen.