Sunday, January 6, 2008

Good News! Part 6

Song:
Tell me the old, old story Of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and his glory, Of Jesus and His love.
Tell me the story simply, As to a little child,
For I am weak and weary, And helpless and defiled.
Chorus:
Tell me the old, old story, Tell me the old, old story,
Tell me the old, old Story Of Jesus and His love.

"Seventy-Two Came Back"
Luke 10:17-20 ncv
When the seventy-two came back, they were happy
said, "Lord, even the demons obeyed us when we
used your name!" Jesus said, "I saw Satan fall
like lightning from heaven. Listen, I have given
you power to walk on snakes and scorpions, power
that is greater than the enemy has. So nothing
will hurt you. But you should not be happy because
the spirits obey you but because your names are
written in heaven."

Dorothy: It must have been many days, weeks or
months for those 72 workers to go out to places
to tell them the "Good News" that the Messiah,
Jesus Christ was coming to preach to them. Jesus
wants the heart of people to be better prepared
so they know who He is and be open to the gospel
when He travel into every town and place.

What does this means? To me, the key word is
preparation. He send 72 to prepare their heart
for His coming. The 72 had been preaching and
even had deliverance ministry because they said
that even demons obeyed them. So their heart would
be open to His Word when He comes to each of their
town. We can pray for the Deaf to get ready to hear
God's word and to be opened to Him and be able to
accept Christ as their Savior.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, show us who to pray for
and allow Holy Spirit to pray through us for Deaf souls.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen!