Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Good News! Part 8

Watch Stand fast in the faith, be brave,
be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

There is a song written by Isaac Watts called,
"Am I a Soldier of the Cross?" It was written in
the year of 1724. In about 1870 D.L. Moody heard
Ira Sankey sang that song. Moody asked Ira to join
His evangelistic ministry. Ira had to give up his
government job to travel with Moody.

Am I a Soldier of the Cross?
Am I a sol-dier of the cross,
A fol-lower of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own His cause,
Or blush to speak His name?

Must I be car-ried to the skies
On flower-y beds of ease,
While oth-ers fought to win the prize,
And sailed through blood-y seas?

Tony: You could ask yourself a questions like,
"Am I a soldier of the cross?" and "am I a
follower of the Lamb, Jesus Christ?" "Should I
be afraid to tell others about Him and His love
for the Deaf world?" Or "will I be ashamed to
share Christ with the Deaf?" The second verse
asks you, "Should I go through life, doing almost
nothing for Christ and believe I will get to heaven
the easy way?" Many Christian soldiers and ministers
have to go through rough time in our world and suffer
many things; some lose their lives while ministering
to the people. Paul in 1 Cor. 16:13 said, "Watch,
stand fast in faith, be brave, be strong." Ask
yourself again, "Am I a soldier of the cross in
the year of 2008?"

Fresh Manna by Tony Callies

Dorothy: This is awesome timing because I had just
done the story of Arthur Blissit and the cross. Tony
gave me this copy about "Soldier of the Cross" for
Fresh Manna. Arthur is truly the "Soldier of the Cross".