Saturday, January 5, 2008

Good News! Part 5

Song:
I love to tell the story Of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory, Of Jesus and His love.
I love to tell the story, Because I know 'tis true,
It satisfies my longing As nothing else can do.
Chorus:
I love to tell the story! 'Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story Of Jesus and His love.

"Jesus Sends Out the Seventy-Two"

Luke 10:1-2 ncv
After this, the Lord chose seventy-two others
and sent them out in pairs ahead of him into
every town and place where He planned to go.
He said to them, "There are a great many people
on harvest, but there are only a few workers. So
pray to God, who owns the harvest, that He will
send more workers to help gather His harvest."

Dorothy: You know what I like about this? It
inspires me to read the part that Jesus tells us to
pray to God that He will send more workers to help
gather His harvest. What harvest is Jesus talking about?
Souls! Workers that are willing to tell others the
"Good News" about Jesus who died to save their souls.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, please give strength
to those pastors, missionaries and workers for the Lord
who are laboring for You, reaching the people with the
Good News. Touch our hearts when You need us to pray at
a special moment for them. Thank You for using us as we
labor for You in prayer time. In Jesus' Name Amen!