Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Good news! Part 1

Old camp song:
Good news! Good news! Christ died for me.
Good news! Good news! If I believe,
Good news! Good news! I'm saved eternally,
That's wonderful EXTRA Good news!

Matthew 24:14
kjv: And the gospel of the kingdom shall be
preached in all the world for a witness unto
all nations; and then shall the end come.
ncv: The Good News about God's kingdom will
be preached in all the world, to every nation.
Then the end will come.

Definition of those words are good.
Gospel, "good news." the first four books of
the New Testament are called the gospels
because they tell the good news of what Jesus
had done for us.

Good News, also called the "gospel." Jesus died
on the cross, was buried, and came back to life
so people can be saved. Mark 1:1; Acts 5:42;
Acts 13:26-39. Preached by apostles, Luke 9:6;
Acts 8:35; Philippians 1:5,12-14.

Dorothy:
The song "Good News" had begun on January first,
and it was an old camp song. I was surprised when
Holy Spirit brought this to me because it was a
strong impression of "Good News." So I checked
the word, "gospel" from the Bible Technology and it
had 93 "gospel": Matthew, Mark, Luke, Acts, Romans,
I&II Cor., Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians,
Colossians, I&II Thess., I&II Timothy, Philemon,
Hebrews, I Peters, and Revelation. Guess who preached
the gospel? The angel! Let's read the next part 2 since
it is the last book of Revelation and the gospel.

To be continued: Part 2, Good News!