Friday, March 13, 2009

The Spirit of Love

Jesus Prays for the Spirit of Love in the Church.
John 17:21, 23, 26 NCV
Father, I pray that they can be one. As you are in me and I am in you, I pray that they can also be one in us. v23. Then the world will know that you sent me and that you loved them just as much as you loved me. v26. I showed them what you are like, and I will show them again. Then they will have the same love that you have for me, and I will live in them. Galatians 5:22 The fruit of the Spirit is love.

Believers are one in Christ, as He is one with the Father. The love of God is upon them, and can dwell in them. Pray that the power of the Holy Spirit may work this kind of love in all believers, that the world may see and know God’s love in them. Pray much for this. [Quoted from Helps to Intercession by Andrew Murray]

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus’ prayers for us. We know that He always intercede for us and praying that the Holy Spirit will continually to fill us with your precious love. Help us not to give up showing love to others and with all other fruits of the Spirit in us. Help us to blossom with those fruits just like a flower bloom for all to see the beauty and enjoy. Thank you for the love that all of us Christians need to show to one another in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Song collection:
This is My commandment that
ye love one another,
That your joy may be full.
This is My commandment that
ye love one another,
That your joy may be full,
that your joy may be full,
that your joy may be full.
This is My commandment that
ye love one another,
That your joy.. may be full....