Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pray for Missionary

Pray for God’s Spirit on Our Missionary
Acts 1:8 NCV
“But when the Holy Spirit comes to you, you will receive power. You will be my witnesses—in Jerusalem, in all of Judea, in Samaria, and in every part of the world.”

In every part of the world.

At Riverside School for the Deaf in California, we had a Parents’ Day. There were several of us who were hard of hearings and were able to speak. I met Eduardo Perdomo with his mother who was from Venezuela, South America and he was a teenager. She was impressed and decided to allow Eduardo Perdomo to attend this school. During the recess time, I had seen Eduardo Perdomo sitting in the class room all alone and I came up to him and asked him to join us. But he was shy and wasn’t ready to socialize. I remembered telling him about Jesus and urged him to accept Him as His personal Savior. After a long while, we parted. I remembered seeing a vision of his face and prayed very much for him. Later I learned when he was ready to accept Christ, he asked a friend to help him with salvation plan. Later, I learned that God had called him to go Venezuela to begin his Missionary work. After several years, I have met him from time to time and he reminded me that he remember me and knew that I was praying for him. I was so impressed that God had placed “a Deaf Missionary” on my heart.

From Riverside, California and from Los Angeles area, Eduardo Perdomo married Gladys and from USA he went to other part of the world, Venezuela, South America. I did not dream that the vision of his face when he was a teenager to pray for him frequently and that he would one day become a missionary to the other part of the world.
So please pray for our Deaf Missionary of Venezuela, SA and all his workers. They are starting a Bible College for the Deaf so there will be more deaf workers. Awesome!

Dear Heavenly Father, we pray for our missionary Eduardo Perdomo and his wife that you will bless their missionary work. Bless the Deaf who wants to study Your Word and go out and reach more Deaf souls for You. Thank you in Jesus’ name. Amen!