Monday, March 2, 2009

The Sparrow

Psalm 84:3 The sparrows have found a home, and the swallows have nests. They raise their young near your altars, LORD All-Powerful, my King and my God (ncv).

Psalm 102:7 I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top (KJV). I lie awake. I am like a lonely bird on a house top (ncv).

Luke 12:6-7 Five sparrows are sold for only two pennies, and God does not forget any of them. But God even knows how many hairs you have on your head. Don’t be afraid. You are worth much more than many sparrows (ncv).

Song: His Eye Is on the Sparrow
1. Why should I feel discouraged? Why should the shadow come?
Why should my heart be lonely And long for heav’n and home
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.
[Chorus]
I sing because I’m happy; I sing because I’m free;
For His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.

2. “Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fear;
Tho’ by the path He leadeth, But one step I may see:
His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.
[Chorus above]
Lyrics: Civilla Durfee Marin
Music: Charles Hitchinson Gabriel


Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for watching over us. Thank You for Jesus' words of comfort and encouragement that we are much more worthy than many sparrows and You will not forget us. Thank You for reminding us how much You really care. We love You in Jesus' name. Amen!