Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pray in Secret

Matthew 6:6 KJV: But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy inner chamber, and having shut thy door, pray to the Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. NCV: When you pray, you should go into your room and close the door and pray to the Father who cannot be seen. Your Father can see what is done in secret, and he will reward you.
Matthew 14:23 KJV: He withdrew again into the mountain to pray, Himself alone. NCV: He went by himself up into the hills to pray. It was late, and Jesus was there alone.

Every child of God is encouraged to have some place to be alone with God. Jesus had His secret places [Mat.14:23]. The history says that Mt. Olive was Jesus’ secret place of prayer. Secret prayer is especially important for us to find a place where we would go to God in prayer alone. When we pray in the morning, we commit our day to Him and allow Him to lead us. When we pray in the evening, remind ourselves to give thanks to God for His mercies upon us all. During the day, be open to pray in times when the Holy Spirit prompts us to pray. Our Father promises to reward us openly—with answered prayer, with His intimate presence, and with true honor for eternity.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I love you. I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart. My heart is filled with singing, Lord to Thee. O Mighty God, great is Thy love. I will praise the name of the Lord most high. My lip shall praise You, thus will I bless You. Thy loving kindness is so great. Thy love is like a river of living water, always fresh every morning. Thy mercy is everlasting. The blood of Jesus covered me and forgave all my sins. Thy grace has renewed me in the morning. How great Thou art! Blessed be the Lord who has given us joy and peace and everlasting love in Jesus’ name. Amen!

Song Collection:
Oh.., how I love Him, How I adore Him.
My breathe, my sunshine, my all in all.
The great Creator, Became my Savior.
And in God’s fullness, Dwelleth in Him.