Monday, July 18, 2011

Tears

Revelation 21:4 KJV
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

Some of my friends are going through so much tears, sorrows and sufferings. Sometimes words are not enough to express your feelings so you just feel compassion with them and pray.

When I was 24 years old, I was to give a farewell speech to my deaf friends. I got married on June 3rd and a week later, it was my last day on Sunday morning at the deaf church in Riverside, California when Tony and I were to leave for East to begin our first evangelistic ministry in Oklahoma Deaf Camp in June 1967. Our traveling ministry over USA was scheduled for a year and a half by Maxine Strobridge, the former National Representative for the Deaf of Missouri.

I could not think of what to say or even to write down the words. I was lost. Then somehow, I found a song called, "He Washed My Eyes With Tears." I wasn't sure why Holy Spirit led me to sing this song. It seems to express my feelings. But there was one problem. When I started to sign the song, my tears just flow and flow while I sang the whole song. I had to stop in between sentences to wipe my flowing tears and running nose. Was I embarrassed? I don't know because I just felt like a bawling baby. My tears were my expression of saying "good bye." It was also a song of exposing the feeling. After that, I felt different, something new, and some kind of adventures that God was using so much of my tears as seeds for a new breakthrough for something unknown.

Looking back now, I have seen so many things God has done. So here's an old song I kept for so many years ago.

May the Lord touch your heart and be able to reach out to others!

Song: He Washed My Eyes With Tears.
1. He washed my eyes with tears that I might see,
The broken heart I had was good for me;
He tore it all apart and looked inside,
He found it full of fear and foolish pride.
He swept away the things that made me blind,
And then I saw the clouds were silver lined;
And now I understand 'twas best for me,
He washed my eyes with tears that I might see.

2. He washed may eyes with tears that I might see,
The glory of Himself revealed to me;
I did not know that He had wounded hands,
I saw the blood He spilt upon the sands.
I saw the marks of shame and wept and cried,
He was my substitute for me He died;
And now I'm glad He came so tenderly,
And washed my eyes with tears that I might see.
(Ira F. Stanphill, 100 Country Western Gospel Favorites)

No comments: