Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lily of the Valley

Song of Solomon 2:1
"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys."

Christ is often like the rose of Sharon and the lily of the valleys--common flowers in the field. This expresses His presence with us in our common problems. Jesus is there when you need Him the most. I found another song called; He's the lily of the valley. I have heard of this song in the old days and I remember hearing church sang it, but I have almost never use it until now. It is because of the verse it has led me to search the title of the song that I remember. The words touched my heart and I pray it will touch yours. The words are encouraging. So here goes!

Song: He's the Lily of the Valley.

I have found a friend in Jesus,
He's everything to me;
He's the fairest of ten thousands to my soul;
The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see
All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
In sorrow He's my comfort,
in trouble He's my stay;
He tells me every care on Him to roll.
He's the Lily of the Valley, the bright and Morning Star;
He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
(Charles W. Fry, Sing His Praise)

Let the song lift your inner spirit to Jesus and
may He becomes real to you!

No comments: