Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Father's Honor

John 12:26 NLT
"If they follow Me, the Father will honor them."

Reading this verse has put my hand on my heart when I realized what Jesus said, 'The Father will honor us when we follow Jesus.' I ponder. It was awesome and heart touching. I stop to think. What is the word, honor actually mean?

The Merriam-Webster dictionary gave me a good idea. 1: A good name or public admiration 2: Showing respect or recognition like having a dinner in honor of someone.

If you remember that many times when banquet comes, it often involves in honoring someone. I am thinking that it is possible that the banquet in heaven would involve reward given out and the recognition that the Father will honor anyone who follows Jesus. If you think about that, would it be awesome? Our heavenly Father will honor us? That should gives us a "boost" in our spirit!

Dear Heavenly Father, our hearts are touch that You would honor us because we follow Your Son, Jesus Christ. Your Word encourages us to stay true to Jesus. Your Word reminds us not to give up, but to keep following Jesus ... Jesus ... Jesus ... Thank You for the Word. In Jesus' name we pray, amen!

So we keep trusting You, Father today!

Dorothy

I was inspire to sing this,
Song: I Am Thine, O Lord!
I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice.
And it told of Thy love to me,
But I long to rise in the arms of faith,
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Chorus:
Draw me near-er, nearer, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou has died,
Draw me, near-er, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious bleeding side.
(Fanny Jane Crosby, Sing His Praise)

No comments: