Monday, July 25, 2011

The Lord's Prayer Rounds

Matthew 6:9-13 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed (holy) be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

After being with Tony for various short prayers often in the early morning before we go out for coffee together, I had a question. Prayer! Is there a better way to pray? Hum? Then somehow, the Lord's Prayer came up. We sign together the Lord's Prayer. We felt good, but why? So I asked the Lord about it.

Sometimes later, it was a busy time to move from Apt two to Apt five in the same building. I noticed the book that I had kept and organized with the group of "prayers" for the purpose to check it out later. Well, that later was now! So I pulled out the book from the shelf, "Praying the Lord's Prayer For Spiritual Breakthrough" by Elmer L. Towns.

I open the first cover and I noticed the name written was Nancy Gipple of California who gave me the book as a gift in June 2002 at Phoenix, AZ Deaf Convention/National Deaf Culture Fellowship.

God bless Nancy's heart! Little does she know that a book as a gift would become a blessing to me! God was answering my prayer, knowing that the book, Nancy gave me was right on the shelf. Now nine years later, I pick the right time to read and to study the Lord's Prayer! By the way, Nancy Gipple went to be with the Lord on Tuesday morning, November 23, 2010.

Now that I realize God was answering my question about why we felt good to pray the Lord's Prayer. So I went on to read the "Foreword" by Dr. Yonggi Cho of Korea who had a breakfast meeting with Dr. Elmer L. Towns. Dr. Towns asked Dr. Cho about how to have prayer more effective. Surprise answers: Dr. Cho uses Lord's Prayer like a prayer round. Like a runner who jogs around and around a race track to get physically fit. He prays the Lord's Prayer rounds to be spiritually fit. Why the Lord's Prayer? It covers everything you need. Dr. Cho uses Lord's Prayer round and then, he prays two hours each day for prayer requests people send to him. (His church is the largest church in the world).

So now I understood why I felt an urge to pray the Lord's Prayer several times in the morning. I pray one early in the morning and again during coffee time with Tony and also on the way to work. Three times! So it was called, The Lord's Prayer Rounds and it is okay. I felt an urge because quoting The Lord's Prayer really help Tony and me when we just couldn't think of anything else to pray at that moment. The Lord's Prayer Rounds became a blessing to us.

The Lord is good, isn't He? Really! He is an awesome God! He knew I would need this simple book and God used Nancy Gipple to give me this book nine years ago when I need it at the right time in July 2011! May the Lord touch your heart today! God cares for you!

No comments: