Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Freely Given

1 Corinthians 2:12 NLT
And God has actually given us His Spirit (not the world's spirit) so we can know the wonderful things God has FREELY GIVEN us.

Yesterday morning (7/19), when we were going to work, all of the sudden, Holy Spirit inspired me to sing this song (see below), after several days of devotions related to brokenness and tears. It is like the work of Holy Spirit upon my heart to sing the old song, 'I Surrender All.' I notice one line, "all to Him I freely give." That leads me to find the verse, freely given.

Reading from 1 Cor. 2:6-16 is about how God has revealed deep things unto us by His Spirit and the things that God has prepared for us, to those who love Him. Even it is hidden from Satan (v.8). The wonderful thing is Jesus, Himself, the Lord of Glory. John 3:16 reminds me of God freely given His Son to us for salvation. So we in turn, freely give ourselves to Him so that we could know the wonderful things of God.

When I sang this song, it was like Holy Spirit helps to lift my inner spirit to surrender something deep inside and give to God to handle something that is beyond my reach. It is like, let God mend it and fix it until our hearts are healed. I believe Holy Spirit wants to help you sing this song of surrender to Him. It is a beautiful feeling of Jesus' Presence. He wants to be there for you. So trust God today!

Song: I Surrender All
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him;
In His Presence daily live.
Chorus:
I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Jesus, I surrender,
I surrender all.

2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me Savior wholly Thine.
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine. (Chorus)

3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me. (Chorus)
(Judson W. Van de Venter, Sing His Praise)

No comments: