Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Lord's Prayer for me

I thought it was good to share this part for individual although I prefer The Lord's Prayer more often. Tony thought it was impressive and sometimes we use it over coffee prayer time. I made copy and put it in my purse because we can't remember that one.

Dr. Elmer L. Towns wrote a book called, Praying The Lord's Prayer for Spiritual Breakthrough. On introduction, he explained how he prays daily on the Lord's Prayer as a pattern, a way to pray. First, he explained his struggle in prayer until he tried the Lord's Prayer. He then went on to explain each part of the sentence that helps him to understand the purpose of the Lord's Prayer and to share with others. I suggest you check it out your local Christian Bookstore and show them the number of the book: ISBN 0-8307-2042-1.

The Lord's Prayer for Me.
My heavenly Father, may Your name be holy in me,
May Your kingdom rule my life,
May Your will control me,
May You be sovereign on earth as You are in heaven,
Give me daily bread for today's need,
Forgive my debts as I forgive my debtors,
Lead me not into temptation,
Protect me from the evil one,
Your kingdom rules in my life,
Your power can do anything,
And Your glory is forever and ever. Amen. (By Dr. Towns)

Key to remember about the Lord's Prayer: it is not a prayer to be repeated, but a pattern (a way) to enable us to include everything we are required to pray when we talk to God. Yes, The Lord's Prayer leads us to our heavenly Father first and we stop there for a moment to focus on God. Like the scripture says, "Seek God First." We use worship song for a moment and then went on to finish the Lord's Prayer.

No wonder Tony and I felt good when we pray The Lord's Prayer with all our heart, with all our mind, with all our spirit, and with all our strength. So our heavenly Father who is in heaven wants us to become familiar with the pattern of the Lord's Prayer.

May the Lord God bless you today!

No comments: