Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Come and Rest

Matthew 11:28 NIV
"Come unto Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

That verse bless me since it felt like an endless days of putting things in order in our apartment. Yesterday morning on July 6th, I became weary and I picked the card verse. Jesus knew I need to hear Him say, "Come unto Me, all who are weary, and burdened, I will give you rest." Then I pause for a few minutes, allowing the Holy Spirit to flow the new strength into me and I felt so good and refreshed. I was able to get myself ready for the day. It is wonderful to have Jesus who knew how to help me in time of need.

Do you feel weary? Then hear Him say to you personally, "Come unto Me, all who are weary and burdened, I will give you rest." Yes, "I will give you rest." Hold that promises of His word rest and breathe in His name.

The word, rest has a broad meaning so I pick just one that impresses me. Rest means to place yourself for support. So we place ourselves upon Jesus who supports us with strength. Wow! What a thought!

Song: Come Unto Me
1. Hear the blessed Savior calling the oppressed,
"O ye heavy-laden, come to Me and rest;
Come no longer tarry (wait), I your load will bear (carry);
Bring me every burden, bring Me every care."
Chorus:
Come unto Me; I will give you rest;
Take My yoke (share) upon you, Hear Me and be blest;
I am meek (tender) and lowly (humble), Come and trust My might (strength);
Come, My yoke is easy and My burden's light.
(Charles P. Jones, Sing His Praises)

Two oxen share the yoke (wooded over the necks) and it makes the work lighter. Jesus said, "Take My yoke upon you" means you get into His yoke and He will share the lifting of the load so it won't get too heavy for you to carry it alone. Praise the Lord!

So let Jesus carry the yoke with you!

Dorothy
July 5-8 2011 Bread Box

No comments: