Monday, May 26, 2008

Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us

Song:
Savior, like a shepherd lead us:
Much we need Thy tender care;
In Thy pleasant pastures feed us,
For our use Thy folds prepare:
Blessed Jesus, Blessed Jesus,
Thou hast bought us, Thine we are;
Blessed Jesus, Blessed Jesus,
Thou hast bought us, Thine we are.
[Lyrics:Dorothy Ann Thrupps' Hymns for the Young, 1836
Music:William Batchelder Bradbury]


Isaiah 40:11 Gather the lambs with His arm.
KJV: He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
NCV: He takes care of his people like a shepherd. He gathers them like lambs in his arms and carries them close to him. He gently leads the mothers of the lambs.

Note from The Full Life Study Bible by Zondervan:

God is described as one who picks up an individual lamb in order to protect it and carry it close to His heart (Matt. 6:24-34). Although God is all-powerful (v.10) and the nations are as dust before him (v.15), He still cares for each of His own in a personal way. We must never think that God is so majestic that He ignores the needs and problems of the individual believer.

Dorothy: On Sunday morning, I was leading the song service in a Deaf Church and the Holy Spirit was moving. We sang, "They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength" and then we wait on God because we felt God wants to speak to us. As we wait, suddenly I saw something that made me laugh a little. In a vision, I saw God came down in a Chariot, and parked beside the pulpit. He got off the Chariot and God wants to speak to us. So I gave the 'Prophetic message from the Lord': "I want to tell you that I really love you like I carry a lamb to my heart. You are close to my heart. Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust Me. I am the Lord your God who sits on the throne. I do take the time to come down to tell you how much I love you and you are close to My heart. Now I am going to leave in a Chariot and My blessing goes with you." In a vision, I saw God get on the Chariot and He went up and disappeared. It was awesome and our hearts were touched by God.