Friday, May 16, 2008

Jesus I'll Never Forget

Jesus I'll never forget
what You've done for me,
Jesus I'll never forget,
How You set me free,
Jesus I'll never forget,
How you brought me out,
Jesus I'll never forget, no nev..er..
[Collection of Songs: Author unknown]

Psalm 119:16
KJV: I will delight myself in thy statutes:
I will not forget thy word.
NCV: I enjoy obeying your demands,
and I will not forget your word.
AMP: I will delight myself in Your statues;
I will not forget Your Word.

The meaning of STATUTE:
1. Established rule, law, decree.
2. God's Word, the Bible.
3. All through the Bible, it represent Christ.

Dorothy:
The short song, "Jesus I'll never forget" reminds me of a story about Peter and the disciples. From John 6:25-59, Jesus explained to the people that He was the Bread of Life and that they should "eat his flesh and drink his blood." The Jews argued among themselves and thought He was crazy, 'eat his flesh and drink his blood'? No way!

From John 6:60-69 was about "The Words of Eternal Life". Many of the followers had a hard time accepting what Jesus said. So they left Him. Verse 67-69 NCV: Jesus asked the twelve followers, "Do you want to leave, too?" Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, where would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One from God."

If Jesus had asked you this question, "Do you want to leave, too?" What would you say to Him? Would you say like Peter? "Lord where would I go? You have the words that give eternal life. I believe and know that You, Jesus are the Holy One from God."

Does it feel good to tell Jesus this? Only You have the Words. Jesus, I'll never forget what You have done for me. May your day be blessed with this devotion. Amen!