Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jesus, Sweetest Name

Song: Jesus Is the Sweetest Name I know,
Jesus is the sweetest name I know,
And He's just the same
As His lovely name,
And that's the reason why I love Him so,
For Jesus is the sweetest name I know.
[Author: Unknown]

Psalm 91:14-15 We Love Him and Know His Name.
KJV: Because he hath set his LOVE upon me, there will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my NAME. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honour him.
NCV: The LORD says, "Whoever LOVES me, I will save. I will protect those who know ME. They will call to me, and I will answer them. I will be with them in trouble; I will rescue them and honor them.

Psalm 119:132 KJV:
Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those that LOVE THY NAME.

David's Prayer to the Lord. Psalm 119:132-136, NCV

Look at me and have mercy on me as you do for those who love you. Guide my steps as your promised; don't let sin control me. Save me from harmful people so I can obey your orders. Show your kindness to me, your servant. Teach me your demands. Tears stream from my eyes because people do not obey your teachings.

Dorothy: Last Sunday morning while I was leading the song service, we sang, His Name Is Wonderful. After that, somehow, Holy Spirit brought my memory of "Jesus is the sweetest name I know." I pray this short song will bless you today.